Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Code of Conduct
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
My Email Settings
Vote now for district judicial nominating commission positions
3 months ago
The voting period for the election of district judicial nominating commissioners is open until Jan. 17. You should have received an email from State Court Administrator Todd Nuccio, who administers the voting process, which describes the steps to vote electronically.
To cast your vote, follow these steps:
1. Go to the website for the Office of Professional Regulation (
) and log into your lawyer account by entering your username and password in the upper left corner.
2. Locate the menu category entitled “Judicial Nominating Elections.”
3. Click on the option for “Vote in Current Election."
4. On the ballot submission screen, click on the election date drop-down box and then select “January 17, 2020.”
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to cast your vote.
According to ISBA Chief Legislative Counsel Jim Carney, it is extremely important you exercise your right to vote in nominating commission elections. During the 2019 legislative session, lawmakers proposed a bill that would strip from attorneys the ability to vote in these district elections, instead giving that power to political leadership. "Use it or lose it," said Carney, warning of potential future efforts to change Iowa's judicial nominating process beyond what happened during the 2019 session.
Should you have any questions about the voting procedure, you may contact State Court Administration at
or call 515-348-4880.
From the Iowa Lawyer Weekly
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic