Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Code of Conduct
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
My Email Settings
Labor and Employment Law Seminar (In-person or Live Webinar)
Nov 22, 2019 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (CT)
Labor and Employment Law Section
8:00 - 8:30 - Registration
8:30 - 9:00 - Labor Law Update
- Speaker: Charlie Gribble, Parrish Kruidenier
9:00 - 9:45 - Update on Marijuana Laws and the ADA
- Speaker: Terri Davis, Shuttleworth & Ingersoll PLC
9:45 - 10:00 - Break
10:00 - 10:45 - Artificial Intelligence: Coming to an Employment Setting Near You
- Speaker: Hon. Helen Adams, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
10:45 - 11:15 - False Claims Act and qui tam Whistleblower Issues
- Speaker: Jacob Schunk, Civil Chief of the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Iowa
11:15 - 12:00 - Best Practices in Responding to Government Investigations and Audits
- Speakers: Melissa Wright, Community Outreach Resource Planning Specialist, U.S. Department of Labor and Russell Perry, Safety Consultant with OSHA Consultation and Education, U.S. Department of Labor
12:00 - 12:45 - Lunch (provided with registration)
12:45 - 1:30 - Employment Law Case Update
- Speaker: Rick Autry, Employment Appeal Board
1:30 - 2:15 - Jury Selection in Employment Law Cases
– Speakers: Brooke Timmer, Timmer & Judkins, PLLC and Martha Shaff, Betty Neuman & McMahon PLC
2:15 - 2:30 - Break
2:30 - 3:30 - Employment Practices Liability Insurance and Ethics
- Speakers: Kim Geisler, Scott Dukes & Geisler PC and Stephanie Gironda, Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
3:30 - 4:00 - Employment Jury Instructions Update
- Speaker: Paige Fiedler, Fiedler Law Firm PLC
CLE CREDIT (approved)
6.25 state hours which includes 1 ethics hour
Prices below reflect the early-bird registration fees. Registering after
will result in a $50 late fee being added on to your registration fee amount.
Registration includes electronic version of materials only. If wanting a hard copy version, please select the optional "Hard Copy Materials" ticket when registering. Cost for hard copy materials is an additional $30.
ISBA Labor and Employment Law Section Members
Please use promo code
when registering to receive the $150 rate. This code is for ISBA Labor and Employment Law Section Members only. This code is not applicable to YLD Members (Years 1-3) who are members of the section. If you are a current ISBA member and would like to join the section, please
or contact the ISBA's Membership Department at 515-697-7870. Fee to join the section is $20.
YLD Members (Years 1-3)
Please select attendance preference (in-person or live webinar) when registering for this event. In-person attendance will take place at the ISBA Building (625 E. Court Ave., Des Moines, IA 50309).
Sponsored by The Iowa State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section
Download to Your Calendar
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic